Is it a common curse of a writer (or indeed any artist) to find yourself lacking every time you compare your work with others’? Which I do WAY too often, btw…
Oh yes! There are days when I want to delete everything I’ve ever written because the insecurity hurts so much.
Which becomes even more funny, because you’re probably my main source of talent-envy these days. ;o)
Man, I can empathize with your worries. Then again, my ego might be a little too big; I never really compare myself with other writers, or other writers with each other.
I mean, I think you two are great writers! That said, your styles are very different from each others’, as well as mine. Which is awesome!
Wouldn’t it be boring if we all wrote the exact same things, in the exact same style? I just think it’s great that there are so many writers out there, creating things, each with their own way of writing (because no two authors are alike) :D
Don’t think you suck, because you don’t. Maybe your styles aren’t for everyone, but just like the fact that all humans won’t be attracted to you doesn’t make you ugly, not everyone wanting to read your stuff doesn’t make it bad.
Long story short, you’re both awesome, and while analyzing and criticizing your own work makes the next thing you write even better, you shouldn’t feel any doubts that you’re good!
- nonesane reblogged this from ladydrace and added:
- ladydrace reblogged this from nonesane and added:
- cannibalcoalition reblogged this from thiscrookedcrown and added:
- glitchy-witch likes this
- tiny--p-i-x-i-e reblogged this from thiscrookedcrown
- thiscrookedcrown reblogged this from crowdog66 and added:
- crowdog66 reblogged this from ladydrace and added:
- misereremei said: Oh God yes.
- thegreatnarwhalsmuffin likes this
- boomslovingthealien said: For a long time, yours was all the Garak/Baashir I ever read. :) But yeah… I suffer from the same inadequacies too…
- eleventrainsofthought likes this
- ladydrace posted this